At Ruskin Felix Consulting, we make detailed and comprehensive industry and company research reports that analyze the companies and industries externally and internally and estimate the future value and potential of the company/industry. By focusing on both the domestic and international markets, we assess the viability of investing into such industries and build a decision-making framework for our clients. Detailed competitor analysis and overview of major players help our clients take an overall view on the growth potential of the industry.
Through extensive primary research and our in-built models of valuation, we also value the company potential and give investor related advice to our clients.
Global Energy and utilities sector overview
The global energy and utilities sector market size is expected to grow from USD 58 billion in 2021 to USD 143 billion by 2027, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 16.3% during the forecast period. As per the IEA (International Energy agency) the global energy demand dropped by 5% in 2020, energy-related CO2 emissions by 7%, and energy investment by 18%. There was a contrast seen in the sharp drop in demand for oil (↓ by 8%) and coal (↓ by 7%) versus the slight increase in the share of renewable energy. The global electricity demand saw a modest drop of 2% in the year of the pandemic and the natural gas demand was down by 3%.
The pandemic and the restrictions that followed with it rendered a challenging combination of demand and supply shock. The supply shock arose from the government enforced lockdowns on economic activity like shutting down of restaurants, shopping malls, factories to prevent the spread of the virus. The demand-side shock emerged from the impact on disposable income of many people as they lost their jobs due to the pandemic and curbed corporate investment activity. Experts suggest that during the lockdown phases economies usually see a 20% to 40% decline in economic output which is highly dependent on the most affected sectors and strictness of the lockdown rules. The impact of this demand and supply shock due to the decline in economic activity reduced global energy demand drastically.
Key Market trends in the global energy and utilities sector
- The energy sector has seen a huge disruption due to the Covid-19 pandemic than any other event in the recent history.
- The economic and social impacts of the pandemic on the energy and utilities sector and the government’s response to it via policies open a wide range of possibilities for the energy industry future.
- Renewable energy will see a rapid growth in the coming years with solar energy at the center of all the other sources available.
- The energy sector could find electricity grids as a weaker option in the transformation of the energy sector due its unreliability and security concerns.
- The global oil demand will come to an end within the next 10 years as per the International energy agency.
- Low-cost alternative resources with low emissions are becoming the strategic motto for many producer economies and for oil and gas companies.
- North America to witness significant growth especially in commercial sector as the region as many planned projects that will increase their energy consumption.
BUY A SECTION OR CUSTOMIZE THIS REPORT
Buy specific sections of this report to meet your exact research requirements and needs. You can even get in touch with our team for further clarity on the aspects of the research report.
To avail any of the following:
- Buy Sections of the report
- Buy region-based report
- Buy Country-specific report
- Buy specific sections of the report
INDIVIDUAL LICENSE - $3,499/-
CORPORATE LICENSE - $4,499/-
BEST VALUE FOR MONEY
We provide the best value for money in our research reports
HIGH QUALITY PRIMARY RESEARCH
We pride ourselves in creating highly primary research-based reports to provide higher levels of accuracy
24x7 RESEARCH SUPPORT
Get all your queres resolved by a market & industry expert
FULLY CUSTOMIZED REPORT
Buy our reports for absolute customization as per your specified requirements